Florian Willeitner (*1991) is an award-winning german violinist, composer and arranger.
He is a 2nd prize winner at the International Seifert Competition 2016, his works are performed at prestigious halls and festivals throughout Europe (e.g. Musikverein Vienna, Festspielhaus Salzburg, Musikfest Stuttgart, Heidelberger Musikfrühling, ClassicalNEXT 2016) and receive great reviews worldwide („Downbeat Magazine“, „Süddeutsche Zeitung“, „London Jazz News“). He wrote for famous orchestras and soloists such as Benjamin Schmid, Georg Breinschmid, Andreas Hofmeir or the Tonkünstlerorchester Wien.
He is frequently performing at both classical and jazz festivals, concerthalls and jazzclubs, with his „New Piano Trio“ or the Viennese String Quartett „Strings&Bass“ or as a featured artist with other big names in the european jazzscene, such as Stian Carstensen, Benjamin Schmid, Georg Breinschmid, Paweł Kaczmarczyk or Antoni Donchev.
He is a sholar of the german foundation “Stiftung Cusanuswerk”.
premieres / press / awards 2013-2017 (selection)
– 2013: premiere of Pianotrio No. 1 by Benjamin Schmid
– 2014: Musikfest Stuttgart: Bach.Lab III: compositions around „Bach“
– 2015: Premiere of the concertpiece „Valentinair“ for soloviolin and orchestra at Großes Festspielhaus Salzburg, Solist: Benjamin Schmid (commissioned by the „Bläserphilharmonie Salzburg“) -> since the premiere the piece has been performed in over 10 different arrangements in Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Poland
– 2015: premiere of Violinconcerto Nr. 1 for soloviolin and orchestra at the „Goldener Saal des Wiener Musikvereins“, Solist: Benjamin Schmid (commissioned by the Tonkünstlerorchester Niederösterreich) -> the concerto will be produced by Benjamin Schmid and the Pannon Philharmonics in Pecs (Hungary) in April 2018
– 2016: 2. Prize at the International Seifert Competition (one of the biggest competitions for jazzstrings in the world)
– 2017: commission for piece for tuba and violin (by tubastar Andreas Hofmeir (La Brass Banda, soloist) and Benjamin Schmid -> will appear on their upcoming album (violin plus tuba)
– 2017: Portrait of Florian Willeitner’s work in the Salzburger Nachrichten (See Blog)
– 2017: Ö1-talent in march: Florian Willeitner is presented as the official Ö1-talent in the classic channel of the austrian radiobroadcast in a 10 minutes radioportrait (see blog/Audio)
– 2017: commission by the austrian state government to set poems by famous austrian poet Ernst Jandl into music (in collaboration with Georg Breinschmid (doublebass) and Agnes
– 2017: sold-out premiere of the reductions of „Valentinair“ und „Violinconcerto Nr.1“ for soloviolin and pianotrio by Benjamin Schmid feat. the New Piano Trio